HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Thursday, December 7, 2017

PAINTING A METALLIC SILVER FAUX TECHNIQUE ON ANITA & GERALD'S KITCHEN ISLAND & KITCHEN DINETTE TABLE

PAINTING A METALLIC SILVER FAUX TECHNIQUE ON ANITA & GERALD'S KITCHEN ISLAND & KITCHEN DINETTE TABLE.

Anita and Gerald have been my clients for many years.  Around 15 years ago, I painted their kitchen cabinets and island to a french country finish.  Recently, Anita asked me to help her change the colors in her kitchen.  She wanted her kitchen cabinets painted white.  Her island and dinette table to be painted a metallic silver.  I will talk about her kitchen in my next post.
I think Anita told me this was the first piece of furniture they purchased when they got married.
This is the metallic silver finish I painted.
My undercoat was a dark blackie brown.
Next I painted the metallic silver with a brush and skipped areas so the dark undercoat would come through.  Then, brushed on a brown/gold glaze and sealed with two coats of hi-gloss sealer.  I've, finally, decided the only way to get metallic paints to look metallic through sealers is to use a hi-gloss one.  It's really shiny, but does look metallic.
 Real metals do shine/reflect light.
Here are Bandit and Blondie.  Sweet doggies!  They love their mommy!!
Here is a picture of the island.  I painted the same metallic silver and technique on it.
This silver looks really beautiful!! with her white kitchen.
A close up of the finish.  My flash didn't catch the metallic reflection in this picture.
I put her original silver handles on the doors.  This first door and drawer are connected.  Her pull out for a large trash basket.  I love that it looks like the rest of the doors and drawers.
Their table "before"
~
TO VIEW ALL OF THE PAINTING ON ANITA & GERALD'S KITCHEN PROJECT:
PAINTING ANITA & GERALD'S KITCHEN CABINETS
~
VISIT MY NEW
LYNDA BERGMAN DIY BLOG
WILL BE ADDING MORE PROJECTS OFTEN

No comments:

Post a Comment