HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

THE LORD OF THE RINGS HAND PAINTED MURAL FOR A NURSERY

THE LORD OF THE RINGS HAND PAINTED MURAL FOR A NURSERY

Melissa and Chris LOVE!! The Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.
They love the stories and the philosophy behind the stories.
They, even, went to New Zealand for their honeymoon.
When they found out they were expecting their first child, Chris made this poster.
Isn't it great!!
They showed me lots of pictures they took in New Zealand and asked me to paint a mural for their new nursery.  So, this is the mural I painted from their pictures.
I added lots of flowers and color.  The wall is about 10' w x 8' h.  
The undercoat for the sky and clouds.
Chris drew the circle for the green door.  I used dinner plates as my patterns for the windows.
Drew and painted the green door and bricks around door and windows.
Drew and painted the clouds and the rock walk and steps.
Started landscaping.
My tree "grows" up the wall  and onto the ceiling.
  Chris said the original tree in New Zealand has died.  
The trunk and limbs are still there, so, the caretakers taped or stapled leaves on the limbs.
In New Zealand the area is very hilly.
I painted bright sunflowers.  They really brighten up the other colors in the mural.
This nursery is ready for that sweet little hobbit
Melissa and Chris were great to work with.
~
VISIT MY
STILL WORKING ON IT ~ ADDING MORE & MORE TUTORIALS
VISIT AGAIN, SOON

No comments:

Post a Comment