HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Thursday, December 15, 2016

STAINING DECORATIVE CORBELS FOR A STOVE VENT-A-HOOD

STAINING DECORATIVE CORBELS FOR A STOVE VENT-A-HOOD

My client wanted to replace the corbels on the tile under her stove vent-a-hood.
She found these really beautiful ornate corbels.  
They were natural wood and didn't have a finish on them.  
She asked me to stain them to match the decor in her kitchen.
Her vent-a-hood was faux painted with a brown glaze. 
 Her granite and the tile behind her stove had a lot of brown tones, too.  
She held the corbel for me so I could take this picture.
I think they will look really beautiful when she has them attached to the tile.
You can put corbels under a  stove vent-a-hood, under a shelf, under a mirror, on either side of a mirror...there are so many ways you can decorate your home with corbels.
You can paint them any color, stain them or even leave them a natural wood color.
Look online for corbels in a store near you. 

2 comments:

  1. What type of paint do you use on corbels under a hood because the ones installed in my home peeled after less than 6 months

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I don't know what kind of paint was used on your corbels. The corbels that I painted were raw wood to start with. They did not have paint or a sealer on them. I used a gel stain to stain them and waited until the next day to seal (two coats) the corbels. I'm sorry that happened to you. If you will take really good pictures and take them to a paint store or ask an experienced painter what you can do to make them look good again.

      Delete