HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Friday, December 11, 2015

PAINTING & GLAZING DEBBIE'S NEW ENTERTAINMENT CENTER CABINET

PAINTING & GLAZING DEBBIE'S NEW ENTERTAINMENT CENTER CABINET

Debbie's entertainment center is in her great room.  She had been wanting to change it and make it nicer because you can see it from nearly everywhere on her, very open, first floor.
 So, she designed and told the contractor what she wanted.  
She wanted it more open and she wanted a great big arch above it.
She designed this cabinet for her collection of beautiful pieces of art and asked me to paint it for her.
I used an oil based semi-gloss off white paint for the base coat.  Then, I used a dark stain and brushed on and wiped off, leaving stain in the crevices and streaked it on the flat surfaces.
This small cabinet and shelves were next to the new cabinet and I painted it to match.  The mantel is soft off white stone and my colors tied in really well.
This is Debbie's wonderful Nickie.  He's so friendly.  A while back when I was painting her bedroom, Nickie kept getting on my ladder and I had to call his mommy to get him down so I could paint.  It was funny.
And, little Issy and Bella.  Issy is the little sister.  So cute!!  Sweet Bella is older and blind.  I always think Debbie is so sweet to her.  She knows her way around the house.
This is a view of the cabinets and fireplace.  Before, Debbie thought it didn't look right, maybe cluttered.  Now, with her new design and paint she's very happy.
I love how Debbie decorates her home.  It's so comfortable, yet elegant.
Thank you Debbie!  I always love working with you.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, your workmanship is beautiful. I can see why she loved what you did.
    Have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, Thank you so much! Hoping you have a good weekend, too. It's supposed to get cold and be raining, here. I love the rain!

      Delete