HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

HAND PAINTING ART ~ A BEACH SCENE MURAL FOR A NURSERY & PAINTING A PALM TREE TUTORIAL

HAND PAINTING ART ~ A BEACH SCENE MURAL FOR A NURSERY & PAINTING A PALM TREE TUTORIAL

My client asked me to paint an ocean beach scene for her new baby boy.
His name was Jackson.
  I love his name!
She asked me paint the ocean on three walls.
And, paint a sky ceiling.
And, a lighthouse.
A place to sit out of the sun.
PALM TREE TUTORIAL
Palm trees are really easy to paint.
Just draw and paint the trunk.
Draw a line for the middle of the palm tree fronds.  Place them where you want them to be.
Then, use a flat artist brush and paint lots of curved fronds.
Paint them larger at the base of the tree and smaller toward the end.

10 comments:

  1. What a lucky little boy! I love the OCEAN!! :-) (thanks SO much for leaving a comment on the blog - I appreciate it!) I see you even have another site under construction (you are a brave woman!) Best of luck on everything you do - you are so talented and it's always fun to stop by and see what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those parents showed me pictures of where they had spent their honeymoon and asked me to paint the chairs and palm trees to remind them of that time. On that new blog, I wanted to do drop down menus, but am still trying to figure out how to do them. One of these days, it will be up and running.

      Delete
  2. Oh I'd love that in my room. What a refreshing idea for a baby's room.

    Saw this on You're Gonna Love It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that looks beautiful! You are very talented!!!

    Lisa @ Fun Money Finds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE murals. Just Great! Thanks for linking this up at SHARE IT sunday linky party! Link-ups like this make my day! Rose, www.FineCraftGuild.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun room for a little one! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete