HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, December 13, 2014

PAINTING AN OLD MAHOGANY CHEST OF DRAWERS MAKING IT NEW AGAIN

PAINTING AN OLD MAHOGANY CHEST OF DRAWERS MAKING IT NEW AGAIN


My client had this beautifully shaped old chest of drawers. 
 It had a reddish mahogany finish on it and a few scratches and chips.  She wanted me to paint it to match a really neat iron bed in her bedroom.
Her decorator chose the colors.


I primed and then painted a tan tone undercoat.  
After that coat of paint cured, I painted this dark brown over the tan base coat.  I used sandpaper and a rag to wipe off the brown and expose the tan undercoat on the edges.
(I have a mirror in this room.  That long stripe is a reflection of the mirror from the camera flash.)


They wanted just a little bit of distressing, so I sanded and rubbed a few areas.
They are going to use the old brass handles.  The brass will look so good with the new brown and tan paint colors.
I really love the shape of this old chest of drawers.  And, look at the shape of those feet!
  Now, it's new again!

No comments:

Post a Comment