A couple of months ago my friend Gus replaced some siding on my sewing room walls. He replaced it with Hardie which will last forever!
A couple of days ago, I removed the mildew with my garden sprayer. I used 1/2 bleach and 1/2 water. I wish I had an organic way to get the mildew off, but this is the best solution I know. After a very few minutes when the mildew was gone, I soaked the area very well with lots of water, trying to dilute the chemicals as fast as I could. The little geckos, chameleons, frogs and other little creatures are hibernating right now and I didn't want to hurt them with the chemicals. I did see a gecko and a chameleon and they did not seem to be bothered, so I guess I watered it down fast enough.
After that dried very well, I caulked every single black crack, seam, nail and screw hole. It keeps moisture out of your walls and trim and keeps bugs out of your walls.
Caulking really does make the paint job look so much better.
Freshly painted and looks sooo clean and nice!!
Those are the shelves where I store all of my flower pots.
Prepping and painting the exterior takes a lot of time. So, I will paint only one or two walls at a time...only what I have time to get done in a day or so. It's just too overwhelming to try to do more and I might keep putting off the painting that needs to be done.
All of the other garden things, I keep in my garden shed out of the weather.
Of course, this picture was taken last summer, when everything was green.
Can't wait for spring and everything green, again!!