HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Sunday, February 24, 2013

PAINT & DECORATE... I WANT TO INSPIRE & SHOW THAT IT CAN BE DONE & YOU CAN DO IT!!

     Today, I was working on finishing touches in this huge beautiful home where I've been working for the last 12 days.  My client wants to start moving in tomorrow.  I was sealing some cabinets that I had painted, distressed a porous brick bath floor that I painted metallic silver, yesterday.  And, I had three chandeliers that I was touching up with metallic silver and metallic copper.  These chandeliers were black wrought iron and the copper and silver will tie in better with my client's decor.  I will post photos, soon.
     While I was working, I kept thinking about my next post.  I realized that, one of the reasons I'm loving blogging is because I can show others what I do and that it can be done.  Like touching up a chandelier.  Whoever thought they could do that!  But, I've done it for many years and is usually an improvement because it's no longer in style, wrong color, etc..  I've touched up and painted the whole chandelier several times.  One time, my client gave me a chandelier that was brass and bronzy, very contemporary.  At his request, I painted it to look very old and rusty and LOVE the way it turned out.  My client had some white silk shades and he stained them, I think with tea.  And, it all looked great!
     I work for a very limited number of decorators, maybe three.  The ones that are familiar with the kind of work that I do.  And, lots of my clients are very, very talented and creative women.  I love that they call me when they have a new idea or new project!  I've been working with paint for so long that I can, usually,  figure out just about anything they might show me or ask me to do.  Or, at least, I can get very close.
     Through the years, a few times my clients have said, "you make it look so easy".  And, it is for me because it's just routine, to me.  But, they get brave or I have encouraged them to do it themselves and when they did, they did a great job.
     Today, I realized by blogging, I want to inspire and encourage others to not be afraid to try faux finishes and painting.  If you're not happy with the way something is looking or you're tired of it PAINT IT!!  And, if you mess up, paint it again!
   
   
     

5 comments:

  1. Wow. You are amazing! Hard worker! I can't wait to see the pictures! Sounds great.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. Yes, it is a lot of hard work. It's good when things turn out right!!

      Delete
  2. Well Miss Lynda your are soooo talented and a Angel to help others, Thank you my dear big hugs and have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gread advice, Lynda. There are no mistakes in painting because it is easy to re-do it if it's not right the first time.

    ReplyDelete