HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Thursday, October 18, 2012

PAINTING WHITE BATHROOM CABINETS TO LOOK LIKE STAINED WOOD

PAINTING WHITE BATHROOM CABINETS TO LOOK LIKE STAINED WOOD

My client remodeled her bathroom and asked me to paint a special finish on the cabinets.
The cabinets were painted white and she wanted them to look like stained wood.
She wanted the edges and insets of the doors to have metallic paint on them to dress them up. So, after I painted the cabinets I painted metallic gold to outline the inset of the doors.  And, I painted metallic silver on the outer edge of the doors.  It looks very, very nice and was a nice touch.  My camera flash makes the silver look like a white line around the doors, but it really doesn't look that way.  It is much more subtle and does look like transparent metallic silver.
This is a close up view of the finish on the medicine cabinet.
This is a view of the new finish on the cabinets with their new granite.
To finish off this great new look of their brand new bathroom they had me paint some molding to match the cabinets.  They used this molding to frame the two mirrors that went over the two new rectangular sinks.  The clients were very, very happy with their new bathroom!

1 comment: