HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Thursday, August 30, 2012

PAINTING AN OLD GRANDFATHER CLOCK BLACK, DISTRESSING & EMBELLISHING WITH ARTWORK

   PAINTING AN OLD GRANDFATHER CLOCK BLACK, DISTRESSING & EMBELLISHING WITH ARTWORK  

My client wanted me to paint her grandfather clock.  I forgot to take a "before" photo, but it was brown stained oak, like you find everywhere.  The grandfather clock had been in her home since early marriage and she wanted to save it to give to her children for their homes, some day.  So, I painted it black, distressed it and painted artwork on it. 
The top was  not interesting enough, so I found a fleur de lis finial, painted it and attached it to the top of the clock.  That looked so much better because it filled in that empty space. 
 And, my client loved "french" decor.
I didn't paint the metallic gold face of the clock.  
I painted the wood around the face and the rest of the clock.
OMGoodness!!  Forgive my very messy studio, but it's even worse, now!
My client was very happy with her new grandfather clock.  
So, that made me happy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment