HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Friday, May 11, 2012

TREE ART ON A HANDPAINTED PINE ARMOIRE

     Through the years this pine armoire has been in different places in my home.  Finally, it landed in my living room.  I kept thinking about painting it and painting a tree on it and finally got around to doing it.  I painted it a distressed greenie beige. Then, I thought the black and gold would look real good with the colors on the armoire and around my living room.  It was fun to paint.  Since I'm a painter it helps me be brave enough to try something new.  If I don't like it, I just re-paint it.  But, I do love the way this turned out and it looks so nice with my living room furniture and colors.
     And, talking about re-painting something if I didn't like it:  One year I painted an old apartment in a very nice part of town.  It had large rooms, wood floors and very large moldings.  They wanted me to paint the walls gray and it looked so, so nice with the  wide woodwork and ceilings painted white. I liked it so much that I came home and painted that gray color in my sewing room.  It was so dark and I didn't like it.  So, I painted it another color and didn't like that, either.  Then, I just painted it back to the original peach color.  I was happy again.  Three coats of paint in one weekend.  But, I just couldn't live with those colors!
     Then, one December I painted a dining room red for a client and it looked sooo nice that I wanted to paint my living room that color.  I loved the color in their house and really DID NOT like it for me.  So, I kept it red through the holidays and then painted it back to the original color.  A contractor friend came by and told me that one of these days he was going to drive by my house and it would be sunk into the ground from the weight of so much paint on the walls.  That was funny!
     So, here's my armoire:



I love it!!

11 comments:

  1. The stencil on your armour is beautiful! I discovered you on Miss Mustard Seed and I'm now following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's not a stencil. I painted it freehand, with colors that matched my living room.
      And, thank you for following!!

      Delete
  2. I'm visiting from The Charm of Home.
    I love your armoire. you are so talented.
    so glad to have found you. I'll be back again soon for more inspiration.
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rita! I just visited your blog and you really know how to make things beautiful!!
    I'm a new follower and look forward to your posts. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Lynda, the tree design makes it so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, I love how you hand painted the tree on the armoire. What a gorgeous work of art! Thanks so much for sharing this inspiring piece at Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely job you did in painting this piece! It turned out beautiful! thank you for sharing it with us at TTF.

    ReplyDelete