HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Friday, April 27, 2012

HAND PAINTED DISTRESSED YELLOW DRESSER WITH A BLACK & WHITE CHECKERED TOP

   HAND PAINTED DISTRESSED YELLOW DRESSER WITH A BLACK & WHITE CHECKERED TOP

  Patti was building a very large house!  While the house was being built, she had me painting furniture, tiles, switch plates, light fixtures and lots of other things for her new home.  She even had me patina a large weathervane that went on top of her house.  She had such great ideas!
     This is an old dresser that she wanted me to paint yellow, black and white to go in her kitchen powder room.  I think it looks great with the red walls!!
     On this piece, I used alkyd/oil paint.  After I painted each section, I used a rag to rub the paint off of areas I wanted to look old and distressed.  It's really messy, but I think it makes for a great look!
     Also, in this powder room, I  painted the walls red and then painted all of the artwork, vines and flowers, that you see around the room.  The vines and flowers are on all four walls.  I painted the ceiling red, too, and then rubbed a metallic silver over the red.  And, I painted the crown molding metallic silver and aged it.
     This is a very special powder room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment