HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, October 7, 2023

REPAIRING DAMAGED ORNATE PICTURE FRAMES

REPAIRING DAMAGED ORNATE PICTURE FRAMES

 My client asked me to repair these large (22"x26") picture frames. I repaired the chipped and broken areas with wood glue.  When that dried, I textured over those areas with venitian plaster.  It dries to a hard finish.  I keep a can of the plaster in my studio for all kinds of repairs.  Now, I will paint the frames and you'll never be able to tell they didn't come from the factory with this textured finish on them.  My client wanted me to paint these frames a very dark brown to match his decor.  You can paint your frames with metallic paint or any paint and any color you want.
Good as new!!
This is a repost previously published on 12/30/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment